The topics suggested by the Specialusis Ugdymas can be discussed in terms of concepts, state of the art, research, standards, implementations, running experiments, applications, and industrial case studies. All tracks are open to both research and industry contributions.
Specialusis Ugdymas is the place for exchange of information and research results within the following scope:
- assessment and evaluation of the student/class, individual/collective needs;
- basic and advanced theories of special education;
- traditional and modern methods, recent developments and impact of technologies like modern communication, Information technology, medical advances;
- social psychology, educational psychology;
- learning disabilities and disorders: communication disorders, emotional and behavioral disorders, physical disabilities and developmental disabilities;
- social work, rehabilitation;
- special education design and organization, adapted teaching areas and resources, special education curriculum, instructional strategies;
- methods of provision: inclusion, mainstreaming, segregation;
- teacher/student interaction and attitude during the educational process;
- special education, nursing education;
- social and cultural integration of the student;
- national and international strategies, framework and organization.